Friday, January 31, 2014

Love thy neighbor

This week's been a heck of week.  I've fallen down the rabbit hole of job applications, and although I've slowed down a bit here at the end of the week, I think my soul dropped out of my chest and fell all the way down the hole a few days ago.  What an arduous process.  We'll see what comes of it.

Last night, after a great conversation with a fellow artistic bee, I realized that I was so worried about pushing my art out there and getting a job with it, that I wasn't even making any art.  My hand has been asking me to make art all week, picking up markers, feeling the weight of them... But I kept chastising my begging hand, saying that I have to have someone or something to make art for if I'm gonna make anything at all.  This, obviously, is not true.  But life does weird things to your brain at times. So I'll keep making art, however small, just to keep my hand exercised and my soul in my chest.

This is today's doodle.  From left to right, it is Cambria house, my neighbor's house (where the Trez the dealer lives), my friend Josh's house, and his neighbor's house (he's a sweet political cartoonist with a bamboo forest in his back yard).  On top of the houses are words from a mural that my friend Brian made around the corner from Cambria.


No comments:

Post a Comment